Seven die after ingesting methanol hand sanitizer when the occasion ran out of alcohol

Seven people have died and two more are in a coma after drinking hand sanitizer at a party when they ran out of alcohol.

The group of nine drank the antiseptic hand wash at a party in Tomtor village in Russia’s Yakutia region on Thursday.

The first three victims were a 41-year-old woman and two men, aged 27 and 59, while six others were flown by a medical evacuation plane to the regional capital, Yakutsk.

Three other men, aged 28, 32 and 69, had died on Friday.

Another death was reported today, although their age and gender are not yet known while the other two remain in intensive care.

You will be treated in Yakutia

Continue reading
Continue reading

Rospotrebnadzor, Federal Public Health Guard, reported: “Nine cases of poisoning with disinfectants have been recorded, including seven fatal ones.”

The regional prosecutor said: “The poisoning occurred as a result of drinking disinfectants.”

Party-goers drank the disinfectant, which consisted of 69 percent methanol.

Two remain in the hospital after the incident

Continue reading

It had been sold as a hand cleaner during the pandemic.

Health officials warned locals not to drink the antiseptic made in Russia.

A criminal case has been opened.

Related Articles